A Valley woman has paid over $5,000 for the bagpipes that were used for the soundtrack of “Brave.”
The bagpipes were sold to benefit the cancer charity Maggie’s.
According to Herald Scotland, the pipes were auctioned off by Willie Armstrong of the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. As soon as Debra Guarriello saw them she had to have them.
Guarriello, who lives in Scottsdale, already owns and plays a set of silver engraved bagpipes but with her family history of cancer and the history behind the pipes, she said it was too good to pass up.
“My Mother is a cancer survivor of more than 40 years, my husband Ray for more than 30 years and my sister has been battling back from stage four cancer for four years.”
Armstrong decided to auction his pipes to raise funds for Maggie’s after he learned of the work the charity does for people with cancer.
“My daughter Kari, who is a huge fan of the movie Brave, encouraged me to up the bid so we could have a part of the movie in our home. I was ecstatic when I received notification that I was the highest bidder. I am so excited to be able to play an instrument with such a glorious history and know that I have helped a lot of people.”
Guarriello and her daughter play for the Mesa Caledonian Pipe Band.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier