The Peoria Police Department is trying to strengthen its relationship with the senior community with it series of Seniors and Law Enforcement Together events.
Amanda Jacinto with Peoria Police Department said why these are important events for seniors to attend.
“Our older generation can be targeted by criminals because these criminals see them as vulnerable, in some cases these seniors are isolated they might not have family members that live near by or with them that can normally act as a kind of protector.”
Jacinto said what the series will cover, “as far as how they can protect themselves we also want them to understand what resources are available through our department as well as through our community. As far as how to avoid scams how not to fall victim to certain criminal practices.”
The SALT programs will include a full agenda of crime prevention and education topics presented by police tailored for the senior communities.
This event will take place Wednesday at the Peoria Community Center from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is open to the public.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon