In commemoration of Earth Day, one of Scottsdale’s public golf course is becoming the first to implement Waste Managment’s total recycling program.
In hopes of increasing recycling and compost initiatives, Starfire Golf Club jump started its new recycling program on April 22.
“I expected more challenges but due to the simplicity of what is recyclable through their program and the ability to put it all into one container has made it a very simple transition.”
Starfire General Manager Matt Lupton said now 70 percent of their trash is now recyclable.
“We’re just wanting to keep as many of those resources and not deplete them, so there available for future generations to continue to use those resources that might be depleted if people don’t recycle,” he said.
In the future Lupton hopes to be able to keep up Starfire’s sustainability by recycling grass clippings and food scrapping.
Waste Management’s total recycling program is a simpler and more convenient approach to recycling. Known as single-stream recycling, it accepts a wide variety of recyclables, including paper, plastic, aluminum, steel, tin, cardboard, glass, juice containers and paperboard.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development