In commemoration of Earth Day, one of Scottsdale’s public golf course is becoming the first to implement Waste Managment’s total recycling program.
In hopes of increasing recycling and compost initiatives, Starfire Golf Club jump started its new recycling program on April 22.
“I expected more challenges but due to the simplicity of what is recyclable through their program and the ability to put it all into one container has made it a very simple transition.”
Starfire General Manager Matt Lupton said now 70 percent of their trash is now recyclable.
“We’re just wanting to keep as many of those resources and not deplete them, so there available for future generations to continue to use those resources that might be depleted if people don’t recycle,” he said.
In the future Lupton hopes to be able to keep up Starfire’s sustainability by recycling grass clippings and food scrapping.
Waste Management’s total recycling program is a simpler and more convenient approach to recycling. Known as single-stream recycling, it accepts a wide variety of recyclables, including paper, plastic, aluminum, steel, tin, cardboard, glass, juice containers and paperboard.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food