PHOENIX — Racing fans listen up, a beloved sport is coming back to the Valley.
IndyCar racing is heading to the Phoenix International Raceway once more.
“The roots of PIR really are with IndyCar racing and to have this opportunity to partner with IndyCar to host the Phoenix Grand Prix again on a very historic season 2016 means the world to us,” Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan Sperber said.
The Phoenix Grand Prix is set to take place April 2, 2016.
“It has been something that I know a lot of race fans not just here in the Valley but across the country have been looking forward to for a long time,” Sperber said.
Fans will not be left waiting if there already interested in getting a seat for the highly anticipated race.
“Tickets are on sale, in fact I got a note that phones are ringing off the hook so don’t delay,” he said.
- Weekly wrap-up: Here are some of the biggest stories of Nov. 5 week
- Phoenix raceway reminds fans of traffic, guidelines ahead of NASCAR
- Democrat drops out of race for Sen. Jeff Flake’s seat in 2018
- Former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer not interested in running for Flake’s seat
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November