PHOENIX — Racing fans listen up, a beloved sport is coming back to the Valley.
IndyCar racing is heading to the Phoenix International Raceway once more.
“The roots of PIR really are with IndyCar racing and to have this opportunity to partner with IndyCar to host the Phoenix Grand Prix again on a very historic season 2016 means the world to us,” Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan Sperber said.
The Phoenix Grand Prix is set to take place April 2, 2016.
“It has been something that I know a lot of race fans not just here in the Valley but across the country have been looking forward to for a long time,” Sperber said.
Fans will not be left waiting if there already interested in getting a seat for the highly anticipated race.
“Tickets are on sale, in fact I got a note that phones are ringing off the hook so don’t delay,” he said.
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Gov. Doug Ducey raises $555K for August gubernatorial primary
- Arizona native hopes to bring home second Triple Crown victory in 4 years
- Explosives take down control tower as part of ISM Raceway renovation
- Arizona racing track Yavapai Downs expected to run again in 2019