Arizona State University is celebrating veterans and active military members everywhere for two weeks straight, leading up to Veteran’s Day.
A video from ASU President Michael M. Crow explains the school’s Salute to Service program, designed to recognize veterans for everything they do at ASU and across the country. Crow also said the university produces a large amount of veterans that do fabulous work on behalf of the United States. ASU also works with the military to advance their efforts, Crow said.
Salute to Service 2015 will take place between Oct. 29 and Nov. 13, 2015, celebrating Veteran’s Day on Nov. 11. It kicks off at the ASU-Oregon game on Oct. 29. Other events include panel discussions, student club activities and performances.
- Former Mill Avenue arcade bar Endgame gets new spot, to reopen
- ASU’s online business school’s MBA program named top 5 in nation
- ASU professor awarded $6.4M grant to test canine cancer vaccine
- Main Street Minute: Mesa doughnut shop honors law enforcement
- Cindy McCain, ASU student awarded MLK Jr. honor for community work