Arizona State University is celebrating veterans and active military members everywhere for two weeks straight, leading up to Veteran’s Day.
A video from ASU President Michael M. Crow explains the school’s Salute to Service program, designed to recognize veterans for everything they do at ASU and across the country. Crow also said the university produces a large amount of veterans that do fabulous work on behalf of the United States. ASU also works with the military to advance their efforts, Crow said.
Salute to Service 2015 will take place between Oct. 29 and Nov. 13, 2015, celebrating Veteran’s Day on Nov. 11. It kicks off at the ASU-Oregon game on Oct. 29. Other events include panel discussions, student club activities and performances.
- ASU may pull Charlie Rose award amid sexual harassment accusations
- US Navy plane with 11 aboard crashes into Pacific; 8 rescued
- Building starts on 30-story apartment complex in downtown Phoenix
- Enrollment rate at Arizona public universities rises in 2017
- Arizona’s military operations bring in $255M each year, report finds