Curious about what people around the world are dressing up as for Halloween?
Look no further than Frightgeist, put on by Google and Google Trends.
“Every day, over 3 billion searches take place on Google, and Google Trends gives us an unparalleled look at what the world is searching for. Google News Lab puts that data to use — from powerful insightful journalism to helping you pick out your Halloween costume.”
The data comes from the top 500 costume searches in the United States and can tell you what’s popular at a costume party nearby or which outfits are trending.
Frightgest also segments what’s trending locally and nationally. Hover over your state to see large and small circles that represent costume trends in your area.
At the time this article was written, Star Wars costumes were popular around Phoenix while Wonder Woman ranked at the top in Tucson.
- Man convicted of murder in killing after Halloween party
- Professor’s kid goes viral after wearing Godzilla costume to class
- Jimmy Kimmel’s 6th annual ‘Ate my kids’ Halloween candy’ prank
- Arizona officials report big drop in Halloween weekend DUI arrests
- Oh, good Google! Search engine treats users with Halloween Doodle game