Curious about what people around the world are dressing up as for Halloween?
Look no further than Frightgeist, put on by Google and Google Trends.
“Every day, over 3 billion searches take place on Google, and Google Trends gives us an unparalleled look at what the world is searching for. Google News Lab puts that data to use — from powerful insightful journalism to helping you pick out your Halloween costume.”
The data comes from the top 500 costume searches in the United States and can tell you what’s popular at a costume party nearby or which outfits are trending.
Frightgest also segments what’s trending locally and nationally. Hover over your state to see large and small circles that represent costume trends in your area.
At the time this article was written, Star Wars costumes were popular around Phoenix while Wonder Woman ranked at the top in Tucson.
- Number of Arizona Halloween weekend DUI arrests doubled this year
- Main Street Minute: Trade in your Halloween candy for cash in Gilbert
- McCain pushes for NYC terror suspect to be interrogated as enemy soldier
- Mean streak: Celebrate Halloween with some scary prank videos
- Hilarious Halloween costumes take social media by storm