Three speaking points were on the agenda for a town hall meeting hosted by Senator John McCain, however, the topic of immigration dominated the hour.
Tempers flared and at times the discussion got heated. Other people stood and thanked McCain for his work on the bi-partisan immigration bill during the event held at Goodyear City Hall on Monday.
Dozens turned out for the event and some were pleasantly surprised to see Sen. Lindsey Graham. He was also on hand to answer a few questions on the controversial immigration bill.
“We have a right as a country to say who comes and on what terms,” Graham said. “We have lost our sovereignty as a nation. When you have 11 million people in your country and you don’t know who the hell they are, you’ve lost your sovereignty and we are going to regain it in a balanced way. ”
Graham told attendees that comprehensive immigration reform is critical for the economic health of our country in the coming years.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates