Three speaking points were on the agenda for a town hall meeting hosted by Senator John McCain, however, the topic of immigration dominated the hour.
Tempers flared and at times the discussion got heated. Other people stood and thanked McCain for his work on the bi-partisan immigration bill during the event held at Goodyear City Hall on Monday.
Dozens turned out for the event and some were pleasantly surprised to see Sen. Lindsey Graham. He was also on hand to answer a few questions on the controversial immigration bill.
“We have a right as a country to say who comes and on what terms,” Graham said. “We have lost our sovereignty as a nation. When you have 11 million people in your country and you don’t know who the hell they are, you’ve lost your sovereignty and we are going to regain it in a balanced way. ”
Graham told attendees that comprehensive immigration reform is critical for the economic health of our country in the coming years.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon