PHOENIX — A language barrier is creating challenges for Phoenix police investigating a deadly double stabbing.
A 911 call led cops to an apartment near 28th Avenue and Camelback Road just after midnight early Sunday morning. There, they found two men dead, and more than 40 other people inside one apartment.
But, getting information has been tough so far.
“We understand the individuals in the apartment come from Burma and speak Burmese and certain dialects of that country,” Phoenix Police Department Sgt. Steve Martos said.
Police are using translators to get more details. Right now, it sounds like the group was gathering to mourn a recently deceased family member when some sort of fight occurred with two, possibly three people, who were not part of that gathering.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them