PHOENIX — Two missing hikers have been found in the Superstition Mountains on Friday.
The two hikers, a male and a female, were last seen Wednesday when they departed for a hiking trip on First Water Trail.
Officer Christopher Hegstrom with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said the hikers were expecting to stay in the mountains overnight and be picked up on Thursday evening.
After their ride was unable to get to them, the hikers were forced to stay an extra night in the mountains and a search began Friday morning.
The search continued into the evening when Hegstrom said the hikers were located.
“The two were found right around 7:30 this evening,” Hegstrom said. “They both appeared to be in good condition.”
Hegstrom said the female was being looked at for possible dehydration, but otherwise the two hikers would be fine.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America