Arizona State football will be forced out of Sun Devil Stadium in 2015, but don’t expect Chase Field to be used as a likely alternative for Todd Graham and Co.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, ASU is looking to move its home games to Chase Field while Sun Devil Stadium gets remodeled.
ASU president Michael Crow noted at a press conference earlier in the week that the move was all but a done deal, however the D-backs and team president Derrick Hall have put the breaks on a potential decision.
“The biggest challenge is the wear and tear on the baseball field, which is not in the best shape that time of year to begin with,” the Sun Devil alumni said. “Football would put way too much damage on that field, and would impact safety on the baseball players as well.”
While the Sun Devils would likely only play at most six or seven home games, Hall admitted that his first responsibility is to protect the interests of the D-backs organization and its players.
“It’s not about financial or sweetening the deal, it’s about the safety of our players” Hall said. “If there is anything to make it work we would. I’m just concerned it would be such a challenge.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.