Arizona State football will be forced out of Sun Devil Stadium in 2015, but don’t expect Chase Field to be used as a likely alternative for Todd Graham and Co.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, ASU is looking to move its home games to Chase Field while Sun Devil Stadium gets remodeled.
ASU president Michael Crow noted at a press conference earlier in the week that the move was all but a done deal, however the D-backs and team president Derrick Hall have put the breaks on a potential decision.
“The biggest challenge is the wear and tear on the baseball field, which is not in the best shape that time of year to begin with,” the Sun Devil alumni said. “Football would put way too much damage on that field, and would impact safety on the baseball players as well.”
While the Sun Devils would likely only play at most six or seven home games, Hall admitted that his first responsibility is to protect the interests of the D-backs organization and its players.
“It’s not about financial or sweetening the deal, it’s about the safety of our players” Hall said. “If there is anything to make it work we would. I’m just concerned it would be such a challenge.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets