Former Arizona Sen. Russell Pearce said an immigration bill proposed by a group of senators is a danger to the United States.
“It’s an immediate amnesty for everybody, including gang members. It even allows those that have been deported to get cards and be back in line for this amnesty,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Thursday.
Pearce claimed the cost of the amnesty program could hit $5 trillion and that over 100 million immigrants entering the country by 2050 would put a massive strain on America’s resources.
Pearce said the new bill would reward those who have broken laws and would basically put a price tag on American citizenship.
“It’s a sellout of America.”
When it comes down to it, Pearce feels the current immigration system is “pathetic” and, should it have worked the way it should, both the terror attacks of Sept. 11 and the Boston Marathon would have been prevented.
Pearce said immigrants should observe America’s legal process and get a sponsor before attempting to emigrate.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.