Former Arizona Sen. Russell Pearce said an immigration bill proposed by a group of senators is a danger to the United States.
“It’s an immediate amnesty for everybody, including gang members. It even allows those that have been deported to get cards and be back in line for this amnesty,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Thursday.
Pearce claimed the cost of the amnesty program could hit $5 trillion and that over 100 million immigrants entering the country by 2050 would put a massive strain on America’s resources.
Pearce said the new bill would reward those who have broken laws and would basically put a price tag on American citizenship.
“It’s a sellout of America.”
When it comes down to it, Pearce feels the current immigration system is “pathetic” and, should it have worked the way it should, both the terror attacks of Sept. 11 and the Boston Marathon would have been prevented.
Pearce said immigrants should observe America’s legal process and get a sponsor before attempting to emigrate.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments