Former Arizona Sen. Russell Pearce said an immigration bill proposed by a group of senators is a danger to the United States.
“It’s an immediate amnesty for everybody, including gang members. It even allows those that have been deported to get cards and be back in line for this amnesty,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Thursday.
Pearce claimed the cost of the amnesty program could hit $5 trillion and that over 100 million immigrants entering the country by 2050 would put a massive strain on America’s resources.
Pearce said the new bill would reward those who have broken laws and would basically put a price tag on American citizenship.
“It’s a sellout of America.”
When it comes down to it, Pearce feels the current immigration system is “pathetic” and, should it have worked the way it should, both the terror attacks of Sept. 11 and the Boston Marathon would have been prevented.
Pearce said immigrants should observe America’s legal process and get a sponsor before attempting to emigrate.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon