Former Arizona Sen. Russell Pearce said an immigration bill proposed by a group of senators is a danger to the United States.
“It’s an immediate amnesty for everybody, including gang members. It even allows those that have been deported to get cards and be back in line for this amnesty,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Thursday.
Pearce claimed the cost of the amnesty program could hit $5 trillion and that over 100 million immigrants entering the country by 2050 would put a massive strain on America’s resources.
Pearce said the new bill would reward those who have broken laws and would basically put a price tag on American citizenship.
“It’s a sellout of America.”
When it comes down to it, Pearce feels the current immigration system is “pathetic” and, should it have worked the way it should, both the terror attacks of Sept. 11 and the Boston Marathon would have been prevented.
Pearce said immigrants should observe America’s legal process and get a sponsor before attempting to emigrate.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever