PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
The Glendale event at the University of Phoenix Stadium will take place from Thursday to Sunday. Country music singer Phil Vassar will perform on Friday at 8:30 p.m. Prices vary based on seating.
This children’s learning festival will feature free online educational games, music and dancing. Baxter, Smokey the Bear as well as Maya and Miguel will be in attendance for the 13th annual celebration is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday. Admission is free at Margaret T. Hance Park on 1134 N. Central Ave.
Comedian George Lopez is performing at the Celebrity Theatre on Friday and Saturday. Showtime is 8 p.m.
Car lovers are welcome to see the 32nd annual POCA National Fun Rally at Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is free at 5594 W. Wild Horse Pass Blvd.
Compete in obstacle courses, relay races and try out new equipment. The fourth annual Lake Pleasant Paddle Fest will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday at Fireman’s Cove at 41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Road. Admission is $2 per paddle craft and $6 for each vehicle.
Sample over 100 types of salsa and compete for a potential $1,000 grand prize. The 29th annual challenge will take place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Tempe Beach Park on Mill Ave. Admission is $35 for contestants.
Over 500 exhibits and activities including shopping booths, a beauty center and various bars are available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Phoenix Convention Center on 100 N. 3rd St. Admission is $5 online or $10 at the door.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes