PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
The Glendale event at the University of Phoenix Stadium will take place from Thursday to Sunday. Country music singer Phil Vassar will perform on Friday at 8:30 p.m. Prices vary based on seating.
This children’s learning festival will feature free online educational games, music and dancing. Baxter, Smokey the Bear as well as Maya and Miguel will be in attendance for the 13th annual celebration is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday. Admission is free at Margaret T. Hance Park on 1134 N. Central Ave.
Comedian George Lopez is performing at the Celebrity Theatre on Friday and Saturday. Showtime is 8 p.m.
Car lovers are welcome to see the 32nd annual POCA National Fun Rally at Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is free at 5594 W. Wild Horse Pass Blvd.
Compete in obstacle courses, relay races and try out new equipment. The fourth annual Lake Pleasant Paddle Fest will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday at Fireman’s Cove at 41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Road. Admission is $2 per paddle craft and $6 for each vehicle.
Sample over 100 types of salsa and compete for a potential $1,000 grand prize. The 29th annual challenge will take place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Tempe Beach Park on Mill Ave. Admission is $35 for contestants.
Over 500 exhibits and activities including shopping booths, a beauty center and various bars are available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Phoenix Convention Center on 100 N. 3rd St. Admission is $5 online or $10 at the door.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon