The newest owners of the house that formerly belonged to Sen. John McCain have put the home back on the market, this time for $2.9 million.
According to Forbes right before McCain entered the presidential race his real estate empire included eight houses, one of which used to be his wife Cindy’s childhood Phoenix home.
They spent 20 years living in this house and sold the home in 2006 for $3.2 million to real estate investor Jane Popple.
The property listing called this a “rare opportunity to own one of Arizona’s most storied historic estates.” The home which sits on two acres of land near Central and Glendale features a gourmet eat-in kitchen with fireplace, an elegant master bedroom with a carved, cantera stone fireplace, wood floors, media room, wine room, game room, maid’s quarters, sprawling lawns and patios, a swimming pool and spa.
Popple struggled to sell the investment, after she updated the property and slapped a $12 million price tag on it.
Once offered as a short sale, the latest owners bought the house for $1.8 million in 2011.
An estimated monthly payment, according to Walt Danley Realty, for a piece of “Arizona History,” would be $10,182 assuming a 20 percent down payment on a 30-year loan.
“For $2.9 million, it can be yours and you could own a true piece of history,” Karen Pratte with Walt Danley Realty said.
KTAR’s Sandra Haros contributed to this story
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America