The newest owners of the house that formerly belonged to Sen. John McCain have put the home back on the market, this time for $2.9 million.
According to Forbes right before McCain entered the presidential race his real estate empire included eight houses, one of which used to be his wife Cindy’s childhood Phoenix home.
They spent 20 years living in this house and sold the home in 2006 for $3.2 million to real estate investor Jane Popple.
The property listing called this a “rare opportunity to own one of Arizona’s most storied historic estates.” The home which sits on two acres of land near Central and Glendale features a gourmet eat-in kitchen with fireplace, an elegant master bedroom with a carved, cantera stone fireplace, wood floors, media room, wine room, game room, maid’s quarters, sprawling lawns and patios, a swimming pool and spa.
Popple struggled to sell the investment, after she updated the property and slapped a $12 million price tag on it.
Once offered as a short sale, the latest owners bought the house for $1.8 million in 2011.
An estimated monthly payment, according to Walt Danley Realty, for a piece of “Arizona History,” would be $10,182 assuming a 20 percent down payment on a 30-year loan.
“For $2.9 million, it can be yours and you could own a true piece of history,” Karen Pratte with Walt Danley Realty said.
KTAR’s Sandra Haros contributed to this story
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night