The newest owners of the house that formerly belonged to Sen. John McCain have put the home back on the market, this time for $2.9 million.
According to Forbes right before McCain entered the presidential race his real estate empire included eight houses, one of which used to be his wife Cindy’s childhood Phoenix home.
They spent 20 years living in this house and sold the home in 2006 for $3.2 million to real estate investor Jane Popple.
The property listing called this a “rare opportunity to own one of Arizona’s most storied historic estates.” The home which sits on two acres of land near Central and Glendale features a gourmet eat-in kitchen with fireplace, an elegant master bedroom with a carved, cantera stone fireplace, wood floors, media room, wine room, game room, maid’s quarters, sprawling lawns and patios, a swimming pool and spa.
Popple struggled to sell the investment, after she updated the property and slapped a $12 million price tag on it.
Once offered as a short sale, the latest owners bought the house for $1.8 million in 2011.
An estimated monthly payment, according to Walt Danley Realty, for a piece of “Arizona History,” would be $10,182 assuming a 20 percent down payment on a 30-year loan.
“For $2.9 million, it can be yours and you could own a true piece of history,” Karen Pratte with Walt Danley Realty said.
KTAR’s Sandra Haros contributed to this story
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them