PHOENIX — Tuesday marks the three-year anniversary of Gov. Jan Brewer signing Arizona’s controversial SB 1070 immigration law.
One Valley man remembered the occasion by spending the day with pen and paper writing stories about immigration at the Arizona Capitol.
“I’m going to be spending 10 hours and 70 minutes working on scripts, sometimes with actors that will show up during the course of the day, and sometimes other writers may show up,” playwright James Garcia said. “I’ll essentially be working on that until 6:10 in the evening.”
The stories will be read and performed on the grounds of the Capitol.
“Some of those will be rewrites of scripts that I may have in development. Some of those will be completely new things,” Garcia explained.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food