The City of Glendale is searching for a group to manage the city-owned Jobing.com Arena while the National Hockey League searches for an owner for the Phoenix Coyotes.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Glendale hired Massachusetts-based Beacon Sports Capital Partners LLC to find interested companies.
“The city and members of the council are currently soliciting proposals from qualified venue managers to provide sales, marketing, operational, managerial and maintenance support services for the arena and the ancillary parking facilities owned by the city,” said Glendale spokeswoman Jen Stein.
The city is accepting bids through May 24 and has offered to hold open meetings with interested parties between May 6 and May 10.
The city is searching for groups who have experience managing large professional sports arenas or large facilities in general.
A group to manage the arena could be selected as early as July 1.
Meanwhile, the Coyotes could move if a buyer for the team is not found soon. Several parties have reportedly expressed interest and are at varying points in the sale process.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments