The City of Glendale is searching for a group to manage the city-owned Jobing.com Arena while the National Hockey League searches for an owner for the Phoenix Coyotes.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Glendale hired Massachusetts-based Beacon Sports Capital Partners LLC to find interested companies.
“The city and members of the council are currently soliciting proposals from qualified venue managers to provide sales, marketing, operational, managerial and maintenance support services for the arena and the ancillary parking facilities owned by the city,” said Glendale spokeswoman Jen Stein.
The city is accepting bids through May 24 and has offered to hold open meetings with interested parties between May 6 and May 10.
The city is searching for groups who have experience managing large professional sports arenas or large facilities in general.
A group to manage the arena could be selected as early as July 1.
Meanwhile, the Coyotes could move if a buyer for the team is not found soon. Several parties have reportedly expressed interest and are at varying points in the sale process.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon