Phoenix may now be a haven for medical students.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Phoenix’s Mayo Clinic Hospital ranked at the top of the list for the safest teaching hospitals in the nation.
Executive Director of the Arizona Medical Association, Chic Older, expressed his satisfaction with Mayo’s ranking.
“It’s like the hospital safety Olympics,” he said. “The fact that the No. 1 hospital is in our backyard speaks volumes to the kind of care you can get both from Mayo Clinic and in Arizona.”
Mayo’s sister hospital in Jacksonville, Fla. was second on the list and Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wis. was third.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.