A Phoenix airport will be seeing an emergency drill on April 23.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport will experience emergency training and disaster response exercises.
Interim operations manager Margi Evanson stressed the significance of the exercises.
“Maintaining the highest levels of preparedness requires regular exercises to ensure that all responding agencies work efficiently as a team,” said airport interim operations manager Margi Evanson. “Disaster simulations like our triennial exercise keep the airport and our partners ready in the event of an actual emergency.”
Flights will continue as scheduled, only with a larger abundance of emergency response, police and fire vehicles present.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development