TEMPE, Ariz. — Authorities have recovered the body of a man who drown Saturday morning in Tempe’s Town Lake.
Members of a kayaking team were on their boat when they heard a noise and saw another boat spinning around, and that a man was in the water.
Tempe Assistant Fire Chief John Valenzuela said the man went under the water and never resurfaced.
“At approximately 8:50 this morning we received a call from the Tempe Police Department stating that there was a boater in Tempe Town Lake that had fallen out of his boat and was having difficulty getting back in,” Valenzuela said.
Police Sgt. Mike Pooley says the fire department’s dive team found the man’s body Saturday afternoon. He was identified as 56-year-old Joseph O’Conner, a city employee.
Pooley says O’Conner fell into the lake and there does not appear to be any foul play.
The investigation is ongoing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food