TEMPE, Ariz. — Authorities have recovered the body of a man who drown Saturday morning in Tempe’s Town Lake.
Members of a kayaking team were on their boat when they heard a noise and saw another boat spinning around, and that a man was in the water.
Tempe Assistant Fire Chief John Valenzuela said the man went under the water and never resurfaced.
“At approximately 8:50 this morning we received a call from the Tempe Police Department stating that there was a boater in Tempe Town Lake that had fallen out of his boat and was having difficulty getting back in,” Valenzuela said.
Police Sgt. Mike Pooley says the fire department’s dive team found the man’s body Saturday afternoon. He was identified as 56-year-old Joseph O’Conner, a city employee.
Pooley says O’Conner fell into the lake and there does not appear to be any foul play.
The investigation is ongoing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas