PHOENIX — The leader of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce said if a version of the Comprehensive Immigration Bill recently unveiled by a bipartison group of senators were to become law, it would mean great things for the entire state.
“It would be like a shot of adrenaline to Arizona’s economy,” said Glen Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce. “I applaud Senator McCain and Senator Flake for taking this huge step towards progress on comprehensive immigration reform,” he said.
Hamer said one of the bill’s main provisions would make it easier to bring in the best and brightest workers from around the world. In turn, Arizona businesses would produce more goods and services and become one of the wealthier states in the country.
Citing a study just released from the former head of the Congressional Budget Office, “If we do immigration reform in a comprehensive manner, we could see the wealth of our state and our country increase by fifteen hundred dollars per capita, per person,” said Hamer. “We could see more than two trillion dollar reduction in our national debt,” he added.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them