PHOENIX — The leader of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce said if a version of the Comprehensive Immigration Bill recently unveiled by a bipartison group of senators were to become law, it would mean great things for the entire state.
“It would be like a shot of adrenaline to Arizona’s economy,” said Glen Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce. “I applaud Senator McCain and Senator Flake for taking this huge step towards progress on comprehensive immigration reform,” he said.
Hamer said one of the bill’s main provisions would make it easier to bring in the best and brightest workers from around the world. In turn, Arizona businesses would produce more goods and services and become one of the wealthier states in the country.
Citing a study just released from the former head of the Congressional Budget Office, “If we do immigration reform in a comprehensive manner, we could see the wealth of our state and our country increase by fifteen hundred dollars per capita, per person,” said Hamer. “We could see more than two trillion dollar reduction in our national debt,” he added.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life