PHOENIX — The leader of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce said if a version of the Comprehensive Immigration Bill recently unveiled by a bipartison group of senators were to become law, it would mean great things for the entire state.
“It would be like a shot of adrenaline to Arizona’s economy,” said Glen Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce. “I applaud Senator McCain and Senator Flake for taking this huge step towards progress on comprehensive immigration reform,” he said.
Hamer said one of the bill’s main provisions would make it easier to bring in the best and brightest workers from around the world. In turn, Arizona businesses would produce more goods and services and become one of the wealthier states in the country.
Citing a study just released from the former head of the Congressional Budget Office, “If we do immigration reform in a comprehensive manner, we could see the wealth of our state and our country increase by fifteen hundred dollars per capita, per person,” said Hamer. “We could see more than two trillion dollar reduction in our national debt,” he added.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths