INTERPOL has issued an international security alert requested by U.S. authorities.
The Orange Notice contains photos of the devices and identifying information, including fingerprints of the two suspects, Dzhokar Tsarnaev, 19, currently being searched for by authorities, and his brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, who died after a shoot-out with police in Boston.
“The decision by the FBI and US authorities to request an INTERPOL Orange Notice will enable police services and other law enforcement agencies around the world to advise US law enforcement authorities whether they’ve come across similarly designed devices in their own investigations,” said INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble.
“Equally as important is the decision by the INTERPOL National Central Bureau in Washington to authorize a sanitized version to be circulated to the public, as their vigilance can be essential in alerting law enforcement to potential threats.
“One of INTERPOL’s core missions is to ensure that national law enforcement authorities have the information they need to help protect their citizens from any threats, and we will continue to liaise closely with each of our member countries during this investigation,” concluded the INTERPOL Chief.
The bombings in Boston resulted in the death of three people, including an eight-year-old boy, and injured more than 170 others.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon