PHOENIX — Classes have resumed at North High School after a bomb threat was called in Friday.
Students were evacuated from classrooms to the football field.
The school is at 11th Street and Thomas Road. Police concluded their investigation after a few hours.
A note on the school’s homepage at the district site read:
“North High School remains in lock-down after a threat was called into the school, and students and staff were originally evacuated to the athletic fields. Students are being moved into the gymnasium for the remainder of the evacuation. Police are asking parents not come to the school at this time. When District and School Staff receive an all-clear from police, classes will resume, however parents will be allowed to pick up their child at a temporary registration site that will be located in the cafeteria.”
A previous note read:
“As a safety precaution, North High School has been evacuated to the athletic fields while police investigate a threat that was received. Students still arriving to school should enter on the south side of campus off of Virginia.”
North is the second Phoenix school that received a bomb threat this week, when state schools are taking the AIMS test.
Longview Elementary’s school day was disrupted Thursday by a bomb-threat situation.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier