PHOENIX — Classes have resumed at North High School after a bomb threat was called in Friday.
Students were evacuated from classrooms to the football field.
The school is at 11th Street and Thomas Road. Police concluded their investigation after a few hours.
A note on the school’s homepage at the district site read:
“North High School remains in lock-down after a threat was called into the school, and students and staff were originally evacuated to the athletic fields. Students are being moved into the gymnasium for the remainder of the evacuation. Police are asking parents not come to the school at this time. When District and School Staff receive an all-clear from police, classes will resume, however parents will be allowed to pick up their child at a temporary registration site that will be located in the cafeteria.”
A previous note read:
“As a safety precaution, North High School has been evacuated to the athletic fields while police investigate a threat that was received. Students still arriving to school should enter on the south side of campus off of Virginia.”
North is the second Phoenix school that received a bomb threat this week, when state schools are taking the AIMS test.
Longview Elementary’s school day was disrupted Thursday by a bomb-threat situation.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night