PHOENIX — Classes have resumed at North High School after a bomb threat was called in Friday.
Students were evacuated from classrooms to the football field.
The school is at 11th Street and Thomas Road. Police concluded their investigation after a few hours.
A note on the school’s homepage at the district site read:
“North High School remains in lock-down after a threat was called into the school, and students and staff were originally evacuated to the athletic fields. Students are being moved into the gymnasium for the remainder of the evacuation. Police are asking parents not come to the school at this time. When District and School Staff receive an all-clear from police, classes will resume, however parents will be allowed to pick up their child at a temporary registration site that will be located in the cafeteria.”
A previous note read:
“As a safety precaution, North High School has been evacuated to the athletic fields while police investigate a threat that was received. Students still arriving to school should enter on the south side of campus off of Virginia.”
North is the second Phoenix school that received a bomb threat this week, when state schools are taking the AIMS test.
Longview Elementary’s school day was disrupted Thursday by a bomb-threat situation.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick