Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ husband, Mark Kelly, uttered her frustration Thursday after the Senate voted against the Manchin-Toomey background checks for prospective gun owners.
“Gabby is angry today, and she’s horrified by the decision of a minority of her former colleagues to block progress on this measure,” Kelly said during a news conference at the National Press Club. “Gabby knows that passing that bill into law was the right thing to do.
According to ABC News, Kelly explained that they will be collaborating with the Americans for Responsible Solutions to begin an advertising campaign applauding the senators who supported the passing of this bill and vilifying those how did not, saying, “It’s a target-rich environment after yesterday.”
Kelly noted that a number of senators did not approve the bill “out of fear” of the potential ramifications the ruling might have had on their voters.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development