Tuscon is getting a taste of award-winning chef Chris Bianco.
According to the Arizona Daily Star Chris Bianco’s Pizzeria Bianco is opening a new location in downtown Tuscon.
Bianco explained he’s been interested in a Tucson location for the last year and has finally decided on an opening.
“I’m not the best businessman; I’m a chef who does things more from his heart than his head. But this time I think we have the great opportunity to do some of the best work we’ve ever done because of all the elements: An incredible space, a great relationship with our landlord (Scott Stiteler), great relationship with our neighbors.”
Bianco, a James Beard Award-winning chef, has operated and owned Pizzeria Bianco in downtown Phoenix since 1994, eight years after he moved to Phoenix.
The restaurant is noted as one of the best in the country, with praise from “The New York Times,” Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart and Oprah Winfrey, among others.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night