PHOENIX — Despite all of the suspicious package scares at the offices of various politicians around the country, it’s business as usual in the Arizona State Capitol mailroom.
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s spokesman, Matt Benson, could not give specifics on exactly how the mail is handed at the capitol, but did say that the state has security procedures in place regarding the handling of mail.
“Those procedures have not changed because of the incidents of the last 24 to 48 hours,” he said. “We’re confident that the procedures that we have in place are adequate at this time.”
Benson said no suspicious packages have shown up at Brewer’s office. Two suspicious envelopes were sent to Sen. Jeff Flake’s Phoenix office on Wednesday. It was later determined that they were not a threat. A Phoenix police officer was taken to the hospital as a precaution, but has been released. Two office workers were treated for anxiety.
Meanwhile, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office said it won’t open any mail sent to its headquarters until further notice. A package addressed to Arpaio that had an explosive device in it was discovered and defused last week in Flagstaff.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick