PHOENIX — After the bombings in Boston, a Valley doctor was inspired to help and now he’s off and running, ready to make a difference.
“The tragedy is representative of both the worst of humanity and the best of humanity,” said Dr. Alex Bigham, CEO of Novocur. “We want to emphasize the goodness that America stands for, the qualities that make America great: The kindness, the gentleness, the charity that we have towards one another; we need to emphasize that instead of the evil that occurred there.”
Starting Thursday, Novocur Pain Management Clinics will collect new and gently-worn running shoes for Back on My Feet Boston, a 501(c)(3) organization that helps Boston’s homeless move their lives forward physically and spiritually through running.
“By hosting this drive, it is our hope that we can support and inspire the people of Boston to keep putting one foot in front of the other and let them know the entire country is behind them every step of way,” Bigham said.
People can drop off new and gently worn running shoes at either of Novocur’s two Valley locations through Friday, April 26. In lieu of shoes, tax-deductible cash donations will also be accepted. The shoes and cash donations will be sent to Back on My Feet Boston to be utilized by program participants.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon