PHOENIX — Patients at the Barrow’s Neurological Rehabilitation Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital will have a good memory from Wednesday after a special visitor stopped by.
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton dropped in to sign autographs and visit with the patients.
Howard Gwynn is a rodeo worker from Yuma who sustained broken vertebrae and a bruised spine when his horse bucked him off. He said. his doctors tell him he faces one and a half years of rehab, but should make an “almost” complete recovery.
Howard Gwynn was glad Eaton stopped by.
“I enjoyed talking to him for sure,” he said. “But I am way more fortunate than a lot of people who are here. For those people in particular, I think it’s a very good thing that they do this.”
Gwynn is a rodeo worker from Yuma, Ariz., who sustained broken vertebrae and a bruised spine when his horse bucked him off. He said his doctors told him he faces one-and-a-half years of rehab, but should make an “almost” complete recovery.
Eaton is on the injured list with a strained UCL. After meeting with these patients, he said his problems seem petty.
“Every day that they get to walk, or step off on a box, it’s amazing,” he said. “We’re here worrying about money, or what may happen tomorrow and these people can’t even walk. It’s something special to come in here. I think that they’re doing more for me than I am for them, for sure.”
Eaton said he hopes to visit with these patients again. Next time, he hopes they’re visiting him at Chase Field, and that they’re fully recovered and enjoying a Diamondbacks game.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them