After U.S. senators blocked a recent provision that would require background checks for gun purchases, an angry Arizonan was escorted from the building for speaking her mind.
The Huffington Post reported that Patricia Maisch, a witness to the Tuscon shooting that left Arizona representative Gabrielle Giffords heavily wounded, told the U.S. Senate they should be ashamed of themselves for voting against a provision requiring background checks for gun sales.
During Jared Loughner’s assault on Gifford during her “Congress On Your Corner” event, Maisch was able to grab an ammunition clip away from Loughner after he was tackled by multiple bystanders.
After being escorted from the capital, Maisch continued to speak her mind to surrounding reporters.
“When I was told it was done, I decided that I could not stay still any longer, that they need to be ashamed of themselves,” she said. “They have no souls. They have no compassion for the experiences that people have lived through … [having] a child or loved one murdered by a gun. They say that it’s not the gun, it’s the man. I’m here to tell you … The man and the gun become intimate and they cannot do the act without each other. So the gun is part of the problem.”
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life