Are there moments when you’ve wondered how the music of today will be interpreted by future generations? Have you ever contemplated the future of barbershop quartets?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then the video above should go a long way in filling in those blanks.
Performing at the Barbershop Harmony Society, the barbershop quartet “Main Street” put a different spin on their rendition of a barbershop quartet medley. Singing songs originally performed by Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 and others, “Main Street” offers a throwback feel to some contemporary classics.
So what is the future of barbershop quartets?
Evidently, it’s one that is more viable and hip than we originally thought.
- Toxic and secluded, this Russian city is unlike any other
- Jimmy Kimmel takes part in stealing kids Halloween candy prank
- Burger King’s new Halloween ad grabs inspiration from ‘It,’ ‘Stranger Things’
- Watch as elderly man comforts dying wife before 80th wedding anniversary
- Here is why California’s musical road sounds absolutely out of tune