Are there moments when you’ve wondered how the music of today will be interpreted by future generations? Have you ever contemplated the future of barbershop quartets?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then the video above should go a long way in filling in those blanks.
Performing at the Barbershop Harmony Society, the barbershop quartet “Main Street” put a different spin on their rendition of a barbershop quartet medley. Singing songs originally performed by Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 and others, “Main Street” offers a throwback feel to some contemporary classics.
So what is the future of barbershop quartets?
Evidently, it’s one that is more viable and hip than we originally thought.
- YouTube video shows off epic self-direction campaign
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song
- Ikea asks pregnant women to pee on magazine ad for discount
- Helen Mirren to star in thriller film about Winchester Mystery House
- Need a laugh? Relive 2017 with these hilarious news bloopers