Are there moments when you’ve wondered how the music of today will be interpreted by future generations? Have you ever contemplated the future of barbershop quartets?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then the video above should go a long way in filling in those blanks.
Performing at the Barbershop Harmony Society, the barbershop quartet “Main Street” put a different spin on their rendition of a barbershop quartet medley. Singing songs originally performed by Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 and others, “Main Street” offers a throwback feel to some contemporary classics.
So what is the future of barbershop quartets?
Evidently, it’s one that is more viable and hip than we originally thought.
- Pink to perform Beautiful Trauma World Tour at Gila River Arena in 2019
- Adorable Australian shepherd conquers his fear of slides
- Britney Spears’ ‘Toxic’ goes with just about any movie scene
- YouTube video shows off epic self-direction campaign
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song