Are there moments when you’ve wondered how the music of today will be interpreted by future generations? Have you ever contemplated the future of barbershop quartets?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then the video above should go a long way in filling in those blanks.
Performing at the Barbershop Harmony Society, the barbershop quartet “Main Street” put a different spin on their rendition of a barbershop quartet medley. Singing songs originally performed by Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 and others, “Main Street” offers a throwback feel to some contemporary classics.
So what is the future of barbershop quartets?
Evidently, it’s one that is more viable and hip than we originally thought.
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- YouTube prankster picks up girls in toy car at Arizona State University
- Dog can’t contain itself after owners surprise her with new bed