A group of Phoenix police, officials and concerned citizens held a forum on domestic violence on Tuesday.
“We have one death every three days attributed to domestic violence,” said Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio. “We have 50,000 police calls a year. Any other issue would be called an epidemic.”
In addition to DiCiccio, the meeting was hosted by the Family Advocacy Center, police officers and officials.
The meeting was the first step in a roadmap unveiled recently called the Phoenix Campaign against Domestic Violence. According to information provided by the city, the strategic work plan consists of five “pillars” that will tackle domestic violence. They include: Increasing community awareness and advocacy, making Phoenix a national model, reforming the justice system to focus on domestic violence, enhancing coordination of the service delivery system and developing community partnerships to end domestic violence.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development