GLENDALE, Ariz. — Wednesday is ride your bike to work day.
Glendale is celebrating with a weeklong event.
“We are trying to reward those who ride their bikes, either today or the rest of the week,” said Glendale Spokeswoman Jennifer Stein. “Take a picture of you with your bike and send it to the City of Glendale Facebook site.”
Stein said those who do, and also enter the city’s Travel Green contest, could win a few gifts.
“Local restaurants and Starbucks have donated gift cards for those who are selected for this contest.”
Stein said pictures will not be judged for creativity or anything else.
The contest is open to both Glendale city workers or residents who ride their bike to either work or school.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets