GLENDALE, Ariz. — Wednesday is ride your bike to work day.
Glendale is celebrating with a weeklong event.
“We are trying to reward those who ride their bikes, either today or the rest of the week,” said Glendale Spokeswoman Jennifer Stein. “Take a picture of you with your bike and send it to the City of Glendale Facebook site.”
Stein said those who do, and also enter the city’s Travel Green contest, could win a few gifts.
“Local restaurants and Starbucks have donated gift cards for those who are selected for this contest.”
Stein said pictures will not be judged for creativity or anything else.
The contest is open to both Glendale city workers or residents who ride their bike to either work or school.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier