Westgate has been starting to gain stability after Tanger Outlet mall opened in November but is far from becoming the employment and office center it was envisioned for.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, 61 percent of the 373,200 square feet of office space in the Westgate area is vacant.
The Phoenix Coyotes uncertain future and possible move out of Jobing.com Arena to another market still hangs over Westgate’s bars and restaurants and city finances, the Arizona Cardinals are looking at moving their summer training camp from Northern Arizona University to the University of Phoenix Stadium. The stadium is adjacent to Westgate and could give the center a boost in summer traffic.
The outlet mall is expected to bring in five million people each year, but the area still has a long way to becoming a hot spot for employment beyond retail and sporting events.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon