PHOENIX — Two Phoenix bail bondsmen were shot dead while trying to capture an outstanding suspect.
According to police, the victims have been identified as David Brickert, 37, and Wesley Kampen, 39, of Sancutary Bail Bonds. The men were at a Phoenix apartment complex near 17th Avenue and Yucca Monday evening to take 25-year-old Anthony Brian Giunta into custody.
“They were in the process of escorting him out of the apartment where he’d been taken into custody. Another unknown suspect walked up behind the bondsmen, fired multiple rounds, shooting and killing these victims,” said Sgt. Steve Martos. Another person was grazed by gunfire.
Giunta escaped, filed off his cuffs, but police eventually caught up with him. He has not been cooperating with the investigation and has not identified the killer.
“This is a situation where we can use help from the community to help identify him,” said Martos.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call police.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick