PHOENIX — The run on ammunition across the nation is creating fallout for gun-related businesses in the Valley.
Dale Roddy with Desert Valley Firearms in Chandler said it has never been this difficult to keep his shelves stocked. He said ammunitions manufacturers have told him it will be at least nine months before they can return to full production.
The fear of tougher gun laws that started with the Newtown school shootings has caused ammo hoarding.
“The regular shooters come in wanting 9-millimeter rounds and we don’t have it, so that sends them off in a panic for other calibers like .45 and .223 so it has a ripple effect,” Roddy said.
Valley shooting ranges are feeling the bite of the ammo shortage too.
C 2 Tactical is Tempe’s first indoor shooting range. It opened last month and has less than six-months’ supply of ammo for customers. Owner Boe Bergeson said some manufacturers are telling him they’re done taking orders for the rest of the year.
“It’s frightening. We can sell it all daylong but our ability to replenish it is a huge unknown. If we can’t get ammo in stock we’ll be like a driving range with no golf balls. How fun is that?”
The range is limiting rounds to two boxes, per caliber, per person.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development