PHOENIX — The run on ammunition across the nation is creating fallout for gun-related businesses in the Valley.
Dale Roddy with Desert Valley Firearms in Chandler said it has never been this difficult to keep his shelves stocked. He said ammunitions manufacturers have told him it will be at least nine months before they can return to full production.
The fear of tougher gun laws that started with the Newtown school shootings has caused ammo hoarding.
“The regular shooters come in wanting 9-millimeter rounds and we don’t have it, so that sends them off in a panic for other calibers like .45 and .223 so it has a ripple effect,” Roddy said.
Valley shooting ranges are feeling the bite of the ammo shortage too.
C 2 Tactical is Tempe’s first indoor shooting range. It opened last month and has less than six-months’ supply of ammo for customers. Owner Boe Bergeson said some manufacturers are telling him they’re done taking orders for the rest of the year.
“It’s frightening. We can sell it all daylong but our ability to replenish it is a huge unknown. If we can’t get ammo in stock we’ll be like a driving range with no golf balls. How fun is that?”
The range is limiting rounds to two boxes, per caliber, per person.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets