Make no mistake about it, school districts in the state of Arizona are competing for students.
According to ABC15.com schools are doing everything they can to attract both students and parents.
The Deer Valley Unified School District hosts focus groups aimed toward parents and charts what programs other districts are offering, while the Peoria Unified School District has developed social media sites to keep parents informed and engaged.
Arizona Charter Schools Association president Eileen Sigmund made light of the fact that parents have far more options these days when it comes to their children’s schooling.
“The past thought was, ‘I live in this ZIP code, therefore I have no choice,'” she said. “But parents now know they have options.”
Of late, charter schools have joined in on the educational competition. ABC15.com noted that more than 145,000 Arizona students attended charter schools in 2012, or nearly triple the number (54,000) that attended private schools.
Arizona School Boards Association communications director Tracey Benson explained that school districts are becoming more strategic and direct in trying to attract students.
“Word of mouth is really the most effective way to attract new families to your schools,” Benson said. “Parent outreach programs have become more important – engaging the parents you have so they can become ambassadors for your schools and districts.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development