PHOENIX — A struggling Phoenix luxury development changed ownership Monday with the hopes of changing its fortunes, as well.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, CityCenter, the northeast Phoenix luxury development near Desert Ridge will be getting a bit of a makeover from Scanlan Kemper Bard Cos., a Portland-based real estate firm.
The new owners plan to create tenant improvement and re-brand CityCenter in order to attract entertainment-type retail tenants.
“CityCenter of CityNorth is an extraordinary real estate asset created by a developer with a reputation for high-caliber work,” Bob Scanlan, principal and CEO of Scanlan Kemper, said in the statement. “The price and quality of the mixed-use development were very attractive to our team, as is the opportunity to participate in the recovery of the Phoenix market.”
CityCenter is part of larger complex called CityNorth, which consist of 330,000 square feet of office space, 175,000 square feet of ground-level retail space and 99 condominiums currently being leased as apartments.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments