PHOENIX — Over the last year, Phoenix has reportedly been a big saver when it comes to water services.
According to Waterworld.com, because of its efficient water services the city of Phoenix has saved $20 million.
“In this city we are committed to innovation and efficiency and we can see it at work right here in our Water Services Department,” said Mayor Greg Stanton.
Stanton also explained that he wants to prepare the city for a future of strong sustainability in as many services as possible.
City Manager David Cavazos also took pride in Phoenix’s water efficiency, stating that it has the fifth-lowest water bill of the 20 largest cities in the desert and that the tap water surpasses Environmental Protection Agency requirements.
“Phoenix Water Services has done an excellent job of lowering costs while enhancing services,” Cavazos said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon