PHOENIX — Business is returning to normal at Valley car washes after a big storm blew though the Phoenix metro area last week.
Last week’s storm left thousands of car owners having to deal with caked-on muck from the blowing dirt and rain.
“Unprecedented, actually” said Tracey Accardo, owner of Classic Carwash in Phoenix. “We were doing 700 to 800 cars a day from Tuesday through Sunday.”
On a typical day, Accardo said her workers wash about 200 cars.
“The last time I saw this kind of business was two years ago after a haboob. It was only two days and that was it. We had almost 1,000 cars each day then it was over, this has gone all week,” said Accardo.
However, the extra business is welcome.
“It’s fantastic,” said Accardo.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development