PHOENIX — Business is returning to normal at Valley car washes after a big storm blew though the Phoenix metro area last week.
Last week’s storm left thousands of car owners having to deal with caked-on muck from the blowing dirt and rain.
“Unprecedented, actually” said Tracey Accardo, owner of Classic Carwash in Phoenix. “We were doing 700 to 800 cars a day from Tuesday through Sunday.”
On a typical day, Accardo said her workers wash about 200 cars.
“The last time I saw this kind of business was two years ago after a haboob. It was only two days and that was it. We had almost 1,000 cars each day then it was over, this has gone all week,” said Accardo.
However, the extra business is welcome.
“It’s fantastic,” said Accardo.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night