PHOENIX — Business is returning to normal at Valley car washes after a big storm blew though the Phoenix metro area last week.
Last week’s storm left thousands of car owners having to deal with caked-on muck from the blowing dirt and rain.
“Unprecedented, actually” said Tracey Accardo, owner of Classic Carwash in Phoenix. “We were doing 700 to 800 cars a day from Tuesday through Sunday.”
On a typical day, Accardo said her workers wash about 200 cars.
“The last time I saw this kind of business was two years ago after a haboob. It was only two days and that was it. We had almost 1,000 cars each day then it was over, this has gone all week,” said Accardo.
However, the extra business is welcome.
“It’s fantastic,” said Accardo.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments