PHOENIX — Students at several Phoenix high schools are creating public service announcements highlighting the dangers of underage drinking.
At Desert Vista High School in Ahwatukee, students used their 60 seconds to show the story of teens getting busted by the cops.
“Being arrested would seem like your life is over at our age,” says junior Jordan Young. “Your freedom is taken away and you can’t do anything.”
Classmate Julia Bulin says drinking leads young people to do stupid things.
“You can have so much more fun without drinking,” said Bulin.
Desert Vista is among several schools creating and entering their videos in a contest organized by the Phoenix Police Department. The winners will be awarded $5,000, while second and third place finishers will receive $3,000 and $2,000 respectively. You can view them here.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments