PHOENIX — Triple-A rolled out their annual push Monday to encourage motorists to recycle their used car batteries.
The Great Battery Roundup started Monday and runs through April 22. It has been going on since 2000 and is a green initiative to collect old vehicle batteries that can often be improperly stored and discarded.
In past years, more than 1,500 car batteries were collected and recycled.
“They can cause explosions, they can be harmful to pets and children and when they’re improperly discarded they may end up in a landfill or the canal system,” said Michelle Donati with Triple-A.
To participate, just drop off a used battery at any Triple-A owned or Triple-A approved auto repair facility across the state. A list of shops can be found at aaa.com/auto.
For every battery collected, Triple-A will donate $4 to Keep Phoenix Beautiful or Tucson Clean and Beautiful.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development