PHOENIX — Summer break will be here soon and that means a lot of Valley parents will be looking for qualified child care.
Unfortunately these days, parents have to be extra careful of where they leave their kids.
“First of all, make sure the providers have clear fingerprints and background checks,” said Becky Hancock, program coordinator for Childcare Resource and Referral. “That’s the one nice thing about our database, we have a database for all regulated providers in Arizona.”
Hancock said it’s important to ask a potential provider if they know what to do in case of an emergency.
“Make sure the providers have current CPR and first aid. If there’s an infant involved, make sure they have infant CPR too,” said Hancock.
Parents should physicallt check out the facility, too.
Hancock suggests parents ask themselves, “Is the facility clean? Does it smell good? Are the diapers being changed? Is it disinfected? Are they washing their hands?”
CCR&R can provide a free list of quality indicators as a guideline when parents are checking out a childcare center or provider for the first time. CCR&R is funded through the Arizona Department of Economic Security and the Child Care Administration by the Federal Child Care and Development Fund.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them