PHOENIX — Summer break will be here soon and that means a lot of Valley parents will be looking for qualified child care.
Unfortunately these days, parents have to be extra careful of where they leave their kids.
“First of all, make sure the providers have clear fingerprints and background checks,” said Becky Hancock, program coordinator for Childcare Resource and Referral. “That’s the one nice thing about our database, we have a database for all regulated providers in Arizona.”
Hancock said it’s important to ask a potential provider if they know what to do in case of an emergency.
“Make sure the providers have current CPR and first aid. If there’s an infant involved, make sure they have infant CPR too,” said Hancock.
Parents should physicallt check out the facility, too.
Hancock suggests parents ask themselves, “Is the facility clean? Does it smell good? Are the diapers being changed? Is it disinfected? Are they washing their hands?”
CCR&R can provide a free list of quality indicators as a guideline when parents are checking out a childcare center or provider for the first time. CCR&R is funded through the Arizona Department of Economic Security and the Child Care Administration by the Federal Child Care and Development Fund.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas