Phoenix small businesses rank third as the most Web-savvy establishments in the U.S.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, a study conducted by Radius, a market research organization in San Francisco, Calif., found that about 65 percent of small business residing in Phoenix have an online identity that includes maintaining tools such as a company website, Facebook page or Twitter account. Radius calculated its findings by dividing the quantity of Web-savvy small businesses by the sum of small business in American cities.
“The fact that the majority of small businesses in Phoenix are embracing new technologies implies that small businesses in Phoenix are taking advantage of the tools they need to attract new customers and keep returning ones,” said Radius CEO and founder Darian Shirazi. “It means that the small business economy is constantly growing and evolving.”
Of the two billion figures accessed in its database, Radius gathered that 34 percent of Phoenix small businesses use a website, only behind Austin, Texas, San Francisco and San Diego, Calif. Austin had the highest number of small businesses with websites at 42.4 percent.
In the ever-growing realm of social media, small businesses in general have plenty of room for improvement. Radius said that 13 percent have a Facebook account in Phoenix, while 2.61 percent are on Twitter. However, Phoenix was not far behind other leading cities. San Diego small businesses had the most Facebook accounts at 23.5 percent. Seattle, Wash., led in total business Twitter users at more than 3 percent.
Shirazi explained that Phoenix’s small business market has shown economic progress, the national scale with more work to do.
“There are 5 million businesses in the U.S. with physical locations that employ less than five people,” he said. “And there are a lot of local businesses that have no incentive to grow because of the obstacles our government puts in place for small business growth.”
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns