Phoenix small businesses rank third as the most Web-savvy establishments in the U.S.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, a study conducted by Radius, a market research organization in San Francisco, Calif., found that about 65 percent of small business residing in Phoenix have an online identity that includes maintaining tools such as a company website, Facebook page or Twitter account. Radius calculated its findings by dividing the quantity of Web-savvy small businesses by the sum of small business in American cities.
“The fact that the majority of small businesses in Phoenix are embracing new technologies implies that small businesses in Phoenix are taking advantage of the tools they need to attract new customers and keep returning ones,” said Radius CEO and founder Darian Shirazi. “It means that the small business economy is constantly growing and evolving.”
Of the two billion figures accessed in its database, Radius gathered that 34 percent of Phoenix small businesses use a website, only behind Austin, Texas, San Francisco and San Diego, Calif. Austin had the highest number of small businesses with websites at 42.4 percent.
In the ever-growing realm of social media, small businesses in general have plenty of room for improvement. Radius said that 13 percent have a Facebook account in Phoenix, while 2.61 percent are on Twitter. However, Phoenix was not far behind other leading cities. San Diego small businesses had the most Facebook accounts at 23.5 percent. Seattle, Wash., led in total business Twitter users at more than 3 percent.
Shirazi explained that Phoenix’s small business market has shown economic progress, the national scale with more work to do.
“There are 5 million businesses in the U.S. with physical locations that employ less than five people,” he said. “And there are a lot of local businesses that have no incentive to grow because of the obstacles our government puts in place for small business growth.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food