Here’s the latest in a long line of friendly sports wagers between politicians — Rep. Adam Schiff (D – California) treated the house floor to a rendition of “Meet the Mets” Friday afternoon.
Clearly, he didn’t put a lot of effort into his performance.
Schiff was paying up on a bet he had with Rep. Steve Israel (D-New York) on the NLDS between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Mets, that saw the Mets win the series 3-2.
The famous Mets anthem, “Meet the Mets” has played during the lineup rundowns at Mets’ home games since 1962.
“I don’t want to give the impression that I’m not happy for the Mets, I am, really,” Schiff said after his tune was finished. “I say, thank God the Mets are going to the World Series and not the Yankees.”
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- YouTube prankster picks up girls in toy car at Arizona State University
- Dog can’t contain itself after owners surprise her with new bed