SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Anyone interested in vintage aircraft will have the ability to check them out up close and personal beginning Friday.
The National Wings of Freedom Tour lands on Friday at the Scottsdale Airport.
“It’s a living history tour of World War II aircraft,” said Hunter Chaney, spokesman for the Collings Foundation, which is sponsoring the event. “This is something that you never forget. It’s like walking into a time machine. These heavy bombers from World War II, fighters and an ME-262 German fighter jet are there in Scottsdale.”
They’re joined by an American B-17, a B-24 Liberator and a P-51 Mustang.
“We offer flights in the aircraft as well,” said Chaney.
Flights in the B-17 and B-24 are $425 per person. P-51 flights are $2,200 for a half hour or $3,200 for a full hour.
The tour is landing all over the Valley. It’s in Scottsdale through Sunday, then moves to Phoenix’s Deer Valley Airport from April 15 to April 17 and Glendale April 17 through April 19. It then moves to the Marana Airport, near Tucson, from April 19 through April 21.
It is currently on a 110-city nationwide tour.
Walk-through tours of all the aircraft are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. World War II veterans get in free.
Those interested in making reservations or getting more information should call (800) 568-8924 or go to cfdn.org.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night