SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Anyone interested in vintage aircraft will have the ability to check them out up close and personal beginning Friday.
The National Wings of Freedom Tour lands on Friday at the Scottsdale Airport.
“It’s a living history tour of World War II aircraft,” said Hunter Chaney, spokesman for the Collings Foundation, which is sponsoring the event. “This is something that you never forget. It’s like walking into a time machine. These heavy bombers from World War II, fighters and an ME-262 German fighter jet are there in Scottsdale.”
They’re joined by an American B-17, a B-24 Liberator and a P-51 Mustang.
“We offer flights in the aircraft as well,” said Chaney.
Flights in the B-17 and B-24 are $425 per person. P-51 flights are $2,200 for a half hour or $3,200 for a full hour.
The tour is landing all over the Valley. It’s in Scottsdale through Sunday, then moves to Phoenix’s Deer Valley Airport from April 15 to April 17 and Glendale April 17 through April 19. It then moves to the Marana Airport, near Tucson, from April 19 through April 21.
It is currently on a 110-city nationwide tour.
Walk-through tours of all the aircraft are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. World War II veterans get in free.
Those interested in making reservations or getting more information should call (800) 568-8924 or go to cfdn.org.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments