SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Anyone interested in vintage aircraft will have the ability to check them out up close and personal beginning Friday.
The National Wings of Freedom Tour lands on Friday at the Scottsdale Airport.
“It’s a living history tour of World War II aircraft,” said Hunter Chaney, spokesman for the Collings Foundation, which is sponsoring the event. “This is something that you never forget. It’s like walking into a time machine. These heavy bombers from World War II, fighters and an ME-262 German fighter jet are there in Scottsdale.”
They’re joined by an American B-17, a B-24 Liberator and a P-51 Mustang.
“We offer flights in the aircraft as well,” said Chaney.
Flights in the B-17 and B-24 are $425 per person. P-51 flights are $2,200 for a half hour or $3,200 for a full hour.
The tour is landing all over the Valley. It’s in Scottsdale through Sunday, then moves to Phoenix’s Deer Valley Airport from April 15 to April 17 and Glendale April 17 through April 19. It then moves to the Marana Airport, near Tucson, from April 19 through April 21.
It is currently on a 110-city nationwide tour.
Walk-through tours of all the aircraft are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. World War II veterans get in free.
Those interested in making reservations or getting more information should call (800) 568-8924 or go to cfdn.org.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them