SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Anyone interested in vintage aircraft will have the ability to check them out up close and personal beginning Friday.
The National Wings of Freedom Tour lands on Friday at the Scottsdale Airport.
“It’s a living history tour of World War II aircraft,” said Hunter Chaney, spokesman for the Collings Foundation, which is sponsoring the event. “This is something that you never forget. It’s like walking into a time machine. These heavy bombers from World War II, fighters and an ME-262 German fighter jet are there in Scottsdale.”
They’re joined by an American B-17, a B-24 Liberator and a P-51 Mustang.
“We offer flights in the aircraft as well,” said Chaney.
Flights in the B-17 and B-24 are $425 per person. P-51 flights are $2,200 for a half hour or $3,200 for a full hour.
The tour is landing all over the Valley. It’s in Scottsdale through Sunday, then moves to Phoenix’s Deer Valley Airport from April 15 to April 17 and Glendale April 17 through April 19. It then moves to the Marana Airport, near Tucson, from April 19 through April 21.
It is currently on a 110-city nationwide tour.
Walk-through tours of all the aircraft are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. World War II veterans get in free.
Those interested in making reservations or getting more information should call (800) 568-8924 or go to cfdn.org.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck