President Barack Obama released his new budget plan on Wednesday, but one Arizona lawmaker said it was nothing but a political move.
“The problem that’s happened here is that a lot of these budgets have become a political document instead of a management document,” Rep. David Schweikert told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Wednesday.
Schweikert went on to say that, not only does the math set forth in Obama’s plan fail to add up, but it seems to be pulling numbers out of thin air, especially when it comes to budget cuts.
“He’s taking credit for things that have already happened or spending that isn’t going to occur or wasn’t going to occur, so it’s part of the game here in D.C.”
When it comes to the toughest topic to discuss, Schweikert said America needs to take a look at Medicare.
“Medicare is in real trouble. The trust fund, in the next three years, basically runs out. It’s gone.”
After that fund runs dry, Schweikert said Medicare will be funded by active contributions and the general fund, essentially not leaving a lot for the younger generation. And when you factor in the national debt, that situation gets even worse.
“We are just destroying young people’s future,” he said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon