NEW YORK (AP) – Shares of Taylor Morrison Home Corp. are rising in its debut as a publicly traded company. The homebuilder’s entry on the New York Stock Exchange comes on the same day that another homebuilder filed for an initial public offering, further proof that companies are riding the continued housing recovery back to the public markets.
Taylor Morrison’s stock gained $1.27, or 5.8 percent, to $23.27 Wednesday morning. The initial public offering of 23.8 million shares was priced at $22 each, the high end of its expected range.
The company’s IPO follows homebuilder TRI Pointe Homes Inc. in January, real estate investor Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. in December and real estate services provider Realogy Holdings Inc. in October.
And on Wednesday William Lyon Homes said in a regulatory filing that it plans to raise up to $200 million from a proposed IPO. It did not disclose how many shares would be in the offering, or what the expected price range would be.
Recent data has shown a strengthening housing market. Job gains and mortgage rates near record lows have helped lift home sales, more than six years after the housing market began to collapse.
Taylor Morrison’s offering raised $523.6 million. The banks managing the deal may buy more 3.6 million shares, adding to the proceeds. The company said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that after the IPO it plans to sell up to $500 million in debt for general corporate purposes.
The Scottsdale, Ariz., company operates its namesake brand and Darling Homes in the U.S. and Monarch in Canada. It booked $1.44 billion in revenue last year and closed on 4,014 homes. The company sells homes ranging from $120,000 to more than $1 million, targeting first- and second-time buyers.
Taylor Morrison is trading on the NYSE under the “TMHC” ticker symbol.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick