GLENDALE, Ariz. — Valley police agencies met in Glendale on Tuesday to check out the latest in emergency response communications equipment.
Representatives from Sprint showcased equipment designed to get communications back up and running in the event of an emergency. Sprint’s Tanya Lin-Jones said the equipment can help answer several questions.
“How we can restore communications at a 911 center if it were to go down in the event of an emergency or a disaster or a terror event type of thing,” she said. “How do we restore communications at a large national corporation so that they can get their point of sale systems back up and running?”
Lin-Jones described the largest piece of a equipment that was on display.
“We have a satellite truck. We can drop it anywhere and create a cellular bubble of coverage. We can tie it into our existing Sprint coverage as well, so that we can bring coverage into those devastated areas.”
The equipment would cost the agencies about $6,000 dollars per month and Lin-Jones said that could be reimbursed by FEMA.
Sprint is taking the equipment on a 23-city tour to show it to police and fire agencies.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths