GLENDALE, Ariz. — Valley police agencies met in Glendale on Tuesday to check out the latest in emergency response communications equipment.
Representatives from Sprint showcased equipment designed to get communications back up and running in the event of an emergency. Sprint’s Tanya Lin-Jones said the equipment can help answer several questions.
“How we can restore communications at a 911 center if it were to go down in the event of an emergency or a disaster or a terror event type of thing,” she said. “How do we restore communications at a large national corporation so that they can get their point of sale systems back up and running?”
Lin-Jones described the largest piece of a equipment that was on display.
“We have a satellite truck. We can drop it anywhere and create a cellular bubble of coverage. We can tie it into our existing Sprint coverage as well, so that we can bring coverage into those devastated areas.”
The equipment would cost the agencies about $6,000 dollars per month and Lin-Jones said that could be reimbursed by FEMA.
Sprint is taking the equipment on a 23-city tour to show it to police and fire agencies.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets