American workers said that 83 percent of them are stressed out about at least one thing at work as compared to the 73 percent in 2012.
According to NBC News only 17 percent said nothing stresses them out about work and interestingly workers 65 and up were most likely to be in this group.
“More companies are hiring, but workers are still weary and stressed out from years of a troubled economy that has brought about longer hours, layoffs and budget cuts,” Swartz said.
Stress is so dangerous that the American Institute of Stress calls it “America’s New Black Death.”
“If black plague is what killed most people in Europe in the Middle Ages, then stress is what’s killing us the most right now,” said Dr. Daniel L. Kirsch, the president of the institute.
Workers stated that low pay and unreasonable workload was tied for the number one cause of stress. Following was annoying co-workers, undesired jobs, poor work-life balance, a lack of opportunity for advancement and fear of being fired or laid off.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier