American workers said that 83 percent of them are stressed out about at least one thing at work as compared to the 73 percent in 2012.
According to NBC News only 17 percent said nothing stresses them out about work and interestingly workers 65 and up were most likely to be in this group.
“More companies are hiring, but workers are still weary and stressed out from years of a troubled economy that has brought about longer hours, layoffs and budget cuts,” Swartz said.
Stress is so dangerous that the American Institute of Stress calls it “America’s New Black Death.”
“If black plague is what killed most people in Europe in the Middle Ages, then stress is what’s killing us the most right now,” said Dr. Daniel L. Kirsch, the president of the institute.
Workers stated that low pay and unreasonable workload was tied for the number one cause of stress. Following was annoying co-workers, undesired jobs, poor work-life balance, a lack of opportunity for advancement and fear of being fired or laid off.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food