A woman who fell in the path of light-rail train Tuesday and was trapped underneath has been rescued and taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
The 40-year-old was hit by the train as it approached a station near McClintock Drive and Apache Boulevard in Tempe.
“She was partially underneath the front light rail vehicle that was pulling into the light rail platform,” said Tempe Police Lt. Scott Smith.
Tempe and Chandler firefighters were called to extricate the woman. She was responsive when emergency crews arrived.
“She was speaking to both police and fire, which is always a good sign,” said Smith.
Traffic has reopened in both directions. Light rail was experiencing some delays. Some passengers were being shuttled between the Dorsey Lane and Sycamore light rail stations.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night