A woman who fell in the path of light-rail train Tuesday and was trapped underneath has been rescued and taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
The 40-year-old was hit by the train as it approached a station near McClintock Drive and Apache Boulevard in Tempe.
“She was partially underneath the front light rail vehicle that was pulling into the light rail platform,” said Tempe Police Lt. Scott Smith.
Tempe and Chandler firefighters were called to extricate the woman. She was responsive when emergency crews arrived.
“She was speaking to both police and fire, which is always a good sign,” said Smith.
Traffic has reopened in both directions. Light rail was experiencing some delays. Some passengers were being shuttled between the Dorsey Lane and Sycamore light rail stations.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food