GLENDALE, Ariz. — Authorities say three children including a baby have
been stung by a swarm of bees stirred up by a Glendale homeowner.
Glendale firefighters treated the children at the scene about 10 a.m. Monday.
They say one of the children is 13 years old, the other is 12 and the baby is
18 months old.
Fire officials say the homeowner had asked for a quote from a bee removal
service about two weeks ago, but felt the price was too high.
He bought his own bee suit and tried to remove the bees himself when they
became agitated and swarmed.
KPHO-TV says a family dog was also stung in the incident.
Firefighters doused the swarm with foam.