A brush fire burning in the far Northwest Valley will likely take a couple days to burn itself out, the Rural/Metro Fire Department said.
The fire burning near Olive Avenue and Litchfield Road was sparked when workers were laying out a mix of wood chips, saw dust and much in the area.
“The fire started actually in one of the debris piles, in a mulch pile that was steaming,” said Colin Williams with Rural/Metro. “Because of the high winds here, it’s not inconceivable to believe that that mulch pile was fanned by the wind which then ignited and then spread to the other piles.”
The high wind also made it impossible for firefighters to extinguish the blaze with water.
Williams said Rural/Metro is currently allowing the fire to put itself out, but that could take a few days.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them